The objective of the project is to convert a Porsche 911 Carrera in an electric car with similar or better performance.
Project description
The car
Key Charactristics

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Transmission measured, Thanks to WME and SPGdata3D

FARO ARM_Transmission


A couple of weeks ago I started to work on the motor mount and coupling and found that ElectroAuto was making custom adpator plates with a very nice design! After confirming that they could do the custom work for me. It was time to either send the transmission or take the measures myself. However, do to critical alignment of the motor with the transmission, I couldn't get enough accurate measures with a simple caliper.
So I looked and CMM shops and found SPGdata3d and WME near Montreal that could probably help me!
They were so helpful and quick to respond. By Sunday night everything was done! They used a FARO arm to take accurate measures of each mounting holes and the transmission shaft. Take a look at the pictures to see the setup!

Thanks a lot to both Dan Popovici and Jim for the great help, I'll be sure to contact you once the car is done!

Next step! Finalize my design to mount the rear battery rack on the adaptor plate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also trust the Faro Arm (for sale here in Canada) when it comes to coordinate measuring. Here at the heavy machinery shop where I work, we use it to measure components and small parts. It just gets the job done, accurately.

How are you faring with your car project so far? Have you tried using 3D laser scanning services for one of your tasks? It's pretty cool too!