The objective of the project is to convert a Porsche 911 Carrera in an electric car with similar or better performance.
Project description
The car
Key Charactristics

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adaptor Plate Assembly

AdptorPlate Assy

I received the parts from Electro Auto just before Christmas. I had to do some small changes to the adaptor plate because of the flywheel not clearing probably. I machined a small recess of 1/8 just to give more room for the flywheel.
Thanks to Dan from electro Auto, the assembly process was very easy. Heated the spacer ring at 400deg for about 15mins to expand the diameter a little to have slide inside the adaptor plate and the motor plate.
I assembled the bushing on the shaft but I still need to position the flywheel to meet the Magic Distance. It shouldn't be to hard.

No comments: